Some Interesting Facts On Counterstrike:
1. Counterstrike game was originally a mode of Half life game. CS’s creators were hired by Valve games for making a game, after which valve games removed some features from their Beta game (ex: The famous bomb scenario was not added till Beta 4.0.)
2. Before the hit of CS, there were not many games on the theme of terrorists v/s counter-terrorists. So at that time makers of this game Jess Cliffe said that it was a unique plot.
3. The maps in CS were not made by creators but they were submitted by community to creators. Each new mod came with new maps.
4. One of the most played maps in CS, DE_DUST, was inspired by screenshots released by a game called Team Fortress 2. Not only this but some of the places like CT Spawn were made exactly like those seen in TF2.
5. The map called Canyon Hunt or we call it CS_SEIGE in CSGO, is the oldest map which was released in earliest version Beta 1.0. And it is only map which is still in the game.
6. There was actually a map in which players were able to drive jeep. The map DE_JEEPATHON2K was designed like a racetrack with bomb diffuse scenario. However due to vehicles being extremely difficult to control, it was removed in its successive mod Beta 7.1
7. CSGO is actually not CS2 but it is a combined version of CS 1.6 and CS source. As after 1.6 was released, CS community was divided into two groups, this game was made to unite them again!!
8. AWP, one of most powerful weapons is also most used weapon too. However before version 1.1, any shot to any part of body was an instant kill. After this, the leg shot was made non-lethal and reload time was increased too.
9. In 2002, Val introduced V.A.C. or val anti-cheat software. Before that players use to hack by using custom servers which remain CS server till date
10. In CS 1.6, there was a map OIL_RIG in which one player played as VIP, who was supposed to reach the safe point. If he dies, terrorist would automatically win the round.